Public Health Committee Public Hearing Registration Deadline
Deadline: Monday 2/15 by 3PM
This session we aim to stop two bills to remove the religious exemption.
How to Testify
Deadline for signing up for verbal/zoom testimony is Monday 2/15 at 3PM.
- Verbal testimony is limited to 3 minutes.
- You do not need to use the whole 3 minutes.
- Does not need to be the same as your written.
- The Committee requests that testimony be related to the bill.
- All public hearing testimony, written and spoken, is public information. As such, it will be made available on the CGA website and indexed by internet search engines.
Written testimony must be submitted by Monday 2/15 at 3PM.
Please submit TWO emails, one for each bill
Subject Line: OPPOSE SB 568 Subject Line: OPPOSE HB 6423
Send Email to: PHTestimony@cga.ct.gov CC: Ned@LamontOffices.com
Written testimony can be as long as you want. The Committee requests that testimony be related to the bill.
No, written testimony is not required in order to give verbal testimony.
HOWEVER IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO SUBMIT WRITTEN ANYWAY!
Because the hearing is going to be cut off after 24 hours.If the Bill gets voted out of committee and goes to the house floor for a vote, the legislators who are not on the public health committee rely on the written testimony to learn about the topic before they vote. So while it’s not REQUIRED, we HIGHLY ENCOURAGE IT!